For potential homeowners there a few things that are more exciting as well as intimidating than buying a home. It is a large, life-altering decision that must not be taken lightly as it is a major investment. However, before the potential homeowner looks at the local listings in their area(s), they should consider the advantages of purchasing New Homes over Preexisting homes.
Advantages of a New Home
- Building a home will offer a chance for personal customization. By building a home, there is a sense of starting fresh, allowing for each room to express their own personalities and quirks that may be significant to the homeowner.
- Warranties in a new home begin from the closing date. Items such as appliances will generally come with a 1-year builders warranty and the manufacturing companies will tend to offer an extended warranty as well. This ensures peace of mind that all products within the home, will be covered from day one should something go awry.
- New Homes will often include “green systems” and appliances. This includes high-efficiency stoves and water heaters, as well as furnaces. This saves the homeowner money in the long run as they do not need to pay a large utility bill.
- There are multiple financial advantages for building a home. Most new-home builders will have their own lenders that may offer advantages such as, paying closing costs or offering preferred mortgage rates.
Choosing a Home Builder
When choosing a home builder, making sure the right builder is chosen can create all the difference in a home building experience. Here are a few tips for choosing the perfect builder.
- List all possibilities of potential builders. As soon as the floor plans have been selected, making a list of possible builders is a great way to help with narrowing the search. A great way for referrals and references is to ask family and friends or by looking at the local HBA (Home Builders Association) website for a list of builders.
- Ask lots of questions to the builders. Take notes when possible if the answers to the questions do not come in a written form. Being as specific as possible will help ensure the home building process runs smoothly.
Building a new home is an exciting time, even if this isn’t the first time of building one. Having a company like to help with the process will ensure the home of your dreams, is achieved. You can follow them on Pinterest.