Most homeowners will only need to have a roof replaced once or twice in their lifetimes. When it comes time for a new roof, homeowners can sometimes feel a bit unsure of what to expect from the process. Being prepared for a new roof can help to prevent unexpected issues that can lead to frustration on the part of owners. Thankfully, there are some steps a homeowner can take to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible while they are going through their Roof Installation.
Inside the home, homeowners need to make sure they carry out these steps.
- Remove any pictures or artwork that are hanging on the walls.
- Protect valuables and keepsakes that are stored in the attic by covering them with sheets or tarps to prevent dust from damaging them.
- Make sure all lighting fixtures and ceiling fans are tightly attached to the ceiling and no screws are loose.
Outside of the home, these steps will need to be taken.
- Homeowners need to remove any hanging plants around the property.
- Patio furniture should be moved away from the immediate area of the home.
- If any branches are hanging over the roof, they will need to be trimmed.
- Any antennas and satellite dishes will need to be removed. Homeowners will also need to remove solar panels if they are installed on the roof.
- If possible, the grass should be trimmed short so the contractor and their crew will be able to clean up any debris that falls.
- Cars and any obstacles will need to be removed from driveways and walkways around the home so the crew will have full access to the outside of the home.
Most roofing companies recommend their customers inform their immediate neighbors of the roofing work they are having carried out. During the Roof Installation, there will be loud noises from hammers and other tools and strange vehicles traveling to and from the site. Informing the neighbors is a courtesy that will help prevent issues.
If you are ready to have your new roof installed, contact JF Baker Roofing. They provide the superior roofing services homeowners can rely on for all of their roofing needs.