If you’re currently going through a bathroom remodel in Pittsburgh, or any other city, you’re probably wondering how you’re going to manage for the duration of the project. Whether it’s a complete overhaul or a few small changes, one thing is for sure: you’re going to have to plan ahead and be prepared for the coming days, or even weeks. If the bathroom you’re remodeling is one of the several full baths in your home, make sure all of your essential toiletries are removed and move into the other bathroom. If there is no other bathroom alternative, or if it’s not equipped with a bath or shower, then you’ll need to adjust your schedule and remodeling project accordingly. If you have kids who need to go to school, and you and your spouse have to get ready for work every morning, sharing one bathroom can be difficult. Set schedules that have everyone blocking out time for their routine. Showers and baths may need to be taken at night for some, and things that are normally done in the bathroom (hair, makeup, etc.) may need to move to the bedroom.
* With only one bathroom in the home, make sure the contractors work on one section at a time, so you still have limited access.
* While not ideal, ask for the project to be done in phases, so that you are not entirely banished from the bathroom.
* For major renovations, and if your budget allows, consider camping out at a friend’s house for a few days, or go to a hotel.
* Make sure you ask your contractor when the crew will be arriving each day, and how long they will be at your home. This will allow you plan your family’s bathroom schedule.
* Make sure you know how long the project is going to take. This will be in the contract and should be outlined in detail.
Contact us for more information on your bathroom remodel Pittsburgh project.