Window rollers are very handy tools that nobody ever seems to give a second thought to until they no longer function properly. Luckily, they are very easy to fix and the window can be brought up to maximum workability in no time at all. Just follow these simple instructions on fixing Window Rollers in Palmdale CA.
* Slide the window panel about halfway by releasing the latch. Hold the panel at either side and proceed to carefully lift it vertically and then lean the bottom of the panel in an outward direction. Gently lower the panel to remove it from its housing.
* Place the panel on its top side so that the rollers can be clearly seen. If they are found to be damaged or rusted in any way, the Window Rollers in Palmdale CA will need to be completely replaced with new ones. If they are just dirty and are in need of a good cleaning, proceed to do the following.
* Try to manually spin each roller. If any of the rollers do not spin freely, remove it with a screwdriver and spray it with a silicone lubricant. Be sure to follow the directions on the lubricant can.
* Use a shop vac or a dust vac to suck up any dirt or grime that may be present in the track of the panel itself. Wipe off any stuck-on grime with a rag and use a dry rag to eliminate any left behind moisture.
* Spray lubricant onto the track by following the directions on the can. Make sure to get both the top and the bottom of the panel.
* Replace the panel by simply turning it right side up, then carefully raising and inserting the panel into the top track of the window frame. Bring the bottom of the panel inward until it rests directly above the frame and then slowly lower it into the frame.
If it is found that the window rollers are defective or damaged, make sure to purchase the replacement rollers at a quality website such as visit us website. A wide selection and a knowledgeable staff are all that are needed to finish the job.